LFM AUDIO: CREATIVE & SIMPLE. AFFORDABLE & TRUSTWORTHY.
Our Simplified Terms & Conditions
1. Project Briefings must be detailed and thorough. Any change requests or additions outside of original briefing will be chargeable.
2. Pronunciation Guides must be provided via phonetic spelling or audio recording (Names, Businesses, Addresses, uncommon words/pronunciations, etc.). Revisions will be chargeable.
3. Delivery includes 1 take of script provided unless noted in product description.
4. Work parts, raw voicings, and project files are not included.
5. Products are not licensed for editing or reproduction (excl. Video Voiceovers)
6. Audio will be digitally delivered via download link. (Note: We do not upload audio to phone systems)
7. Our terms provide that collection, legal costs, and interest will be added to overdue accounts.
8. We withhold the right to refuse scripts that contain explicit language or themes which are against our/or our voice talents morals.
Our UNSimplified Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with LFM Audio, you agree to these terms & conditions by default.
- Intellectual Property – You understand and agree that any and all work created by LFM Audio on your behalf remains the property of LFM Audio. It is our intellectual property, and we are granting you an exclusive license to use. You also understand and agree that the productions provided shall not be decomposed, deconstructed, copied, or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without our prior written consent. Both parties agree not to infringe upon the intellectual or copyrights of the other.
- Co-Branding – Each party grants an unlimited license to the other to use company marks, images, trademarks, slogans, and other media in order to promote and advertise the products and services of the other during the Term of this Agreement. Both parties agree to use a reasonable standard of care in using the other’s trademarks, copyrights, service marks, or any other slogan or mark for promotional purposes.
- LFM Audio grants you/we have your permission by default to display, play, market, advertise, or otherwise present LFM Audio’s work created on your behalf
- You are not entitled to any royalties for any jingles we have created on your behalf.
- Disputes – Any dispute arising in connection with this Agreement shall be settled in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Governing Law – This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand without regard to the principles of conflict of laws or choice of law provisions. The parties acknowledge that they have both read and understand the terms of this Agreement, and commit their hands hereunder.
- Payment – Invoices issued are due within the terms set out on our invoice. If the invoice is not paid within the due date stated, we may pass it onto our preferred debt collection agency for collection and add % interest to such account. All debt collection costs involved in such will be passed on to you (the client). We here are a very reasonable, trusting and friendly bunch.. however, our producers and voice talents need to be paid for their work!. You agree to these terms & conditions by default on order.
- Our goal is to provide voiceover Recording, Sung Jingles, and Radio Production Services to our clients with 100% quality and customer satisfaction. LFM Audio is a very professional, experienced and hardworking company, currently working with hundreds of Radio Stations worldwide.
- Clients’ orders/briefs/projects must contain all information that may necessary for the genre of music, voice talent, special pronunciation and etc. If our clients take place an order we immediately start working on it and we do not accept any cancellation or refund after placing an order. If a refund is provided it may be in the way of a Credit Note against your account for future spend. However, certain exceptional circumstances can take place regarding our production work.
- Non-delivery of work: due to some technical issue if our company fails to provide work within decided time, in that case, we recommend our clients contact us for assistance. The clients may claim for refund.
- Approval for work/Feedback: Although we check our work before delivery, an unexpected error may occur; such issue must be submitted to your LFM Audio account manager within 72-hours after delivered the work. Any changes will be made only within that time otherwise it is assumed as approved.
- Major defects: Pronunciation issue in ‘voice’ which was in fault of the voice talent, which was made clear in the original brief. LFM Audio and the Voice Talent will fix this at no charge. If our Voice Talent does not fix this fault the client may claim a refund. However, if the pronunciation was not made clear at the time of brief changes may be chargeable.
- Services as not as described: We provide our services 100% the same as described. If our clients may feel any discrepancies in our work you must inform us within three days from the date of the delivered work. Clear evidence must be provided for proof that the delivered work is not same as described.
- Please note that LFM Audio
donot bear any responsibility and we are not required to provide refunds to clients that do not meet the above-stated criteria. Our company is always eager to assist you and deliver highly professional support in a timely manner.
- Refunds provided due to a disagreement regarding potential unmoral/explicit scripting may be provided in the form of an Account Credit, or may be minus refund payment fees.
Effective date: March 20, 2019
Living For Music Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.lfmaudio.com website (the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Living For Music Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside New Zealand and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to New Zealand and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Living For Music Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Living For Music Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.lfmaudio.com.au/contact
- By phone number: +64276965251